- Comprehensive online training program consisting of videos, documents, resources, and PowerPoints
- Online exams
- Virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted via webcam through a teleconferencing tool such as Skype or Google Hangouts
- All materials necessary to complete mocks
- Same-day certificate issuance (printable online)
- About the DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course:
The DOT Urine Specimen Collector course is an interactive web course which will train the collector in compliance with the Department of Transportation’s CFR 49 part 40 requirements for specimen collectors. Students will learn the safety and security protocols necessary to complete a urine specimen collection in accordance with DOT guidelines in addition to several additional “best practices” tips. Upon completion of the course and a successful exam pass, students will receive a completion certificate for proof of training.The course will not cover Instant Screening or protocols involved for testing outside of federal regulations (Non-DOT). Learn more about this in our Non-DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course.
- About the Non-DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course:
The Non-DOT Urine Specimen Collector Training and Certification course is designed to prepare students to conduct the most common type of Drugs of Abuse (DoA) testing in use today, urinalysis. This course covers best practices, procedures, and necessary compliance concerns involved with “collect-only” tests and “QuickScreens” also known as “Rapid-Dip Panels” or “Instant Tests.”
Once complete, collectors will be qualified to perform collections for urinalysis (UA) for both “collect-only” protocols and for instant preliminary results to donors (rapid dip panel screening) not regulated by the DOT. To learn the separate protocol for DOT collections, collectors must take the DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course.
- About the Hair Specimen Collector Course:
In this course you will become certified in collecting hair specimens for long-term substance abuse detection purposes.Independent Hair Specimen Collectors service private employers and substance abuse recovery centers. Hair specimen testing allows laboratories to determine long-term abuse with a standard hair test screening for abuse over the prior 3 months.Each laboratory has their own procedures and regulations for collection. This course certifies you in the procedures for the four major laboratories that process hair samples and provides best practices for hair specimen collection.Note: Hair specimen collections are not regulated under the DOT. Training includes best practices for procedures and compliance for laboratories you may work with.
- About the Saliva Specimen Collector Course:
This course is designed to prepare collectors to conduct saliva specimen collections according to the best practices and protocols necessary to maintain test reliability and legal admissibility. While it is a growing choice for testing professionals for its detection period, adulteration limitations, and ease of collection, there are still protocols which must be followed to ensure testing reliability and admissibility.Oral Fluid is a testing medium with the added benefit of avoiding much of the privacy concerns involved with urine collection and the aesthetic concerns of hair testing. It screens for substances using the fluid already present in the mouth.
There are two types of Oral Fluid/Saliva Drug Test Collections: Instant/Rapid Results and Laboratory-based collections. Instant tests are capable of providing a screening result within minutes, but any non-negative result must be confirmed by an independent laboratory. The lab-based collection will be sent directly to the lab for both screening and any necessary confirmation.
- Successful students will be able to conduct collections and testing according to the relevant protocols for the testing modality when provided with relevant and dynamic collection scenarios with a 100% proficiency.
- Successful students will be able to express an understanding of industry terms and the protocols involved with the 49 CFR Part 40 by completing an online quiz with 75% or greater proficiency.
This course includes both informal and formal assessment techniques including quantitative and qualitative strategies.Course exams utilizing a number of random questions taken from a larger question pool assess the understanding of key terms and concepts within the curricula while the mock collection (mocks) provide a summative and qualitative assessment through demonstrations designed to assess students’ preparedness for a variety of real-world scenarios.
- New collectors
- Collectors needing refresher training
- Business owners
- Medical Assistants
- Laboratory Technicians
- Occupational Medicine Physicians and Professionals
- Save money on buying bulk courses versus choosing courses individually
- According to surveys from GlassDoor.com, the average Drug Testing Collector earns approximately $36,000 per year
- Four certifications and four different services to offer more value to your clients or employer
- Clients needing only one service may return for a different service if they know you are capable and certified
- Companies are more willing to sign long-term contracts for services with companies who can service their every testing and pre-employment need
- Work at your own pace: whether you are starting your own business or enhancing an existing career in the industry, time is hard to come by. Work on your time and at your own pace
Students will need access to a computer with a webcam and reliable internet access. All other materials will be sent directly to the student including supplies and forms necessary for demonstrations.
Our students take these courses for a variety of reasons and for an even wider variety of applications. Professionals who utilize these courses to advance their careers include:
- Collection Facility Collectors
- Collection Facility Managers/Administrators
- Collection Facility Owners
- Human Resource Professionals
- Substance Abuse Professionals
- Addiction Counselors
- Business Owners
- Safety Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Program Administrators
- Government Program Administrators
- Occupational Medicine Physicians and Professionals
There is no luck involved with becoming number one in an industry. To be on top you can’t just do what is expected; you must go above and beyond what is expected, you must innovate and come up with new methods of helping students accomplish their goals by providing some of the most cutting-edge solutions the industry has to offer. So what makes us different?
- Our lead instructor, Andrew Easler, has a four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Education from the University of Central Florida and is a master of corporate training.
- Our courses are original and thoughtfully made. When we launched in 2013, our goal was to become the “Harvard” of the drug, alcohol, and DNA Paternity testing training business.
- We are an Approved Education Provider with many human resources certification organizations throughout the world and we offer continuing education credits (CE Credits) with the majority of our courses.
- Our learning management system is robust and highly engaging. It allows students to work at the best pace that suits them for maximum learning and content retention. Our students don’t feel rushed into “cramming” for a course only to forget the material a week later and therefore perform better in practice and make less mistakes than traditional training environments.
- All students receive lifetime access to their purchased courses; review the course at any time from anywhere in the world.
- Immediate certificate issuance after passing the course so you can start testing and specimen collection right away. We can also mail you a beautiful, frame-able certificate that you will want to proudly display on your wall.
This course package is comprised of individual courses. Some courses may take longer or shorter to complete depending on student pace, reading, and comprehension level. Here is a breakdown of the average times per course:
- DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course: Approximately 8-10 Hours including mocks
- Non-DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course: Approximately 2-4 Hours including mocks
- Hair Specimen Collector Course: Approximately 2-4 Hours including mocks
- Saliva/Oral Fluid Collector Course: Approximately 1-3 Hours including mocks
TOTAL APPROXIMATE TIME: 13-17 total hours to complete